In my last post I was explaining that I’d actually got going with this, and now, happily, it’s all finished.
It looks a bit short in the first photo, because I can’t really do perspective when I take pictures. And it’s draped over the side of my bed. And it’s wide, because I’m a big girl. It’s a respectable just below the knee length.
I think I’d better establish from the outset, I’m rubbish at selfies.
Things of note:
1) I did a lapped zip, my first one. I’m not 100% happy with it, but I’m not going to beat myself up over this- it’s the first time I’ve done a zip in years.
2) I did the topstitch sewing in bright pink, for fun.
3) I toyed with the idea of doing fun facings, in a different fabric, but I wanted the top of the skirt to be well-structured, so the denim it was.
4) I was good, and finished all the innards. Denim frays like woah!
5) I used up all the denim, no scraps left, so that’s reduced the stash a bit, and makes me feel better.
My favourite thing about this?
Apart from general pride at making a nice skirt? This skirt is *really* comfortable!