It’s that time of year again. I’m due to go on holiday to France in ten days, and I’m thinking ahead to what I should pack and what projects I should take to work on.
- I’ve got a dress in the pipeline for the Simple Sew blog, so I’m hoping that I’ll have a wearable toile and a good version to hem by hand, and if I have been as productive as I hope (insert your own hollow laughter here), then there might also be a third dress to finish off.
- I’m taking the 100 Day Dress, in the hope that I can get it kick started back into action. It would be nice to get it finished before its anniversary!
- I’m also taking a longstanding UFO/fixer-upper to see what I can salvage from it.
- Knitting. There’s a cardigan I’m in the middle of, hopefully I can get it moving along.
- Crochet. I’m about 2/3 of the way through making the squares for my Granny Squares blanket. But I might take this opportunity to start attaching them together.
As I’ve said before, I’m feeling more love for dresses this year, so I’m not too worried about having an overall colour palette, which I usually do when I’m all about the separates. This time it’s dresses all the way! I’ll be taking a few of the Shannons – the new chartreuse version, the royal blue one with the minty lace, the Instagram Takeover dress, and the Jardin Fleuri sleeveless version. I’ll have the project dresses mentioned previously, once I’ve finished them off. And finally there’s a dress that I’ve just finished. Again it is a Simple Sew Blog make, so I’m waiting for it to be posted there, but here’s a teaser pic:
That should probably be enough to rotate as necessary.