DeBRIEF! Do you see what I did there?!
Ahem, getting back to the business at hand, I think that Project Pants all went very well.
Considering I started on the 1st May with only one pair of me-made knickers and I’ve ended up with 12 additional pairs, I’m definitely calling this one a Win. MMM has not only been a success in terms of wearing, but has, as usual, been a solid inspiration for making.
The tally of self-made knickers was increased in the last week of May. I made up five pairs, sewn together, with the intention of adding the elastics while I was on holiday. One was a real stashbuster, not only using up a vest I was no longer wearing, but also the scraps from the vest that I’d made the green knickers from (for the gusset), and also using the last ends of the two different green elastics. Somehow it all worked together. This pair, and the two others I finished in France, have lovely hand stitched elastics. There are still two pairs in my work pile that need finishing off, but they won’t take long – I’ve really got the hang of it now!
Here are the 12 pairs I wore throughout the month:
And this is one of the holiday-made pairs that I didn’t get to wear:
I’m thrilled that I have a load of new knickers in my underwear drawer, and it’s given me the impetus to cull some of the RTW pairs that are past their prime, and should really have been consigned to the bin a while ago.
This project is giving me the courage to work towards another of my goals – making my own swimsuit. This may end up being my MMM20 goal!